Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ten on Tuesdays

I decided to play along with Kim over @ It's a crafty life and share my ten on Tuesday. The object of the game is to share ten things - anything, as long as there are ten things.
So I decided to share ten random thoughts about my week so far.

1. I am all caught up on my scrapbooking (which is why I'm playing Ten on Tuesday). I wont have anything to scrap until I go away in 17 days. What ever will I do?

2. Last night the phone rang; "It's Alex Adair calling." My five year old cousin. He asks me to donate money for James' half birthday. Then James gets on the phone and gives me the details. James is shy and Alex is not, which is why Alex called and James didn't, even though James and I had a conversation about his half birthday @ Christmas. You see James is a great kid, very aware of other people and he likes to do good but then he gets embarrassed about it, when he gets praised. I can relate to that. Anyway to the point...a few years ago for his actual birthday, he really wanted a DS and some games and my aunt and uncle told him that they would get it for him, if he asked the kids coming to his party to donate to the local Animal Shelter, instead of getting gifts. He collected money and pet food and was even in the paper. Anyway this summer his grandma died from esophageal cancer. It was quickish.....from diagnosis to heaven but it was a long summer for my aunt and her family, my uncle and the boys. So in order to help James cope better, gain some control and in the interest that James likes to help other people they are having a small half birthday party for him, no gifts just donations to The Canadian Digestive Health Foundation http://www.cdhf.ca/main.php . This is an amazing web site and a great cause. I can guarantee that everyone knows someone who has a digestive disorder be it constipation, Cohen's, cancer, whatever. If you think you don't know anyone, it just b/c they haven't told you. So when Alex asked me for money, this was an easy yes.

3. I'm still reading Roots. Is it bad that I'm having a hard time getting through it? But I'm determined to finish it, all 900 pages.

4. My brother got me the 3rd season of Boy Meets World for Christmas, kinda as a joke. So funny! I'm enjoying watching it again.

5. My future sister -in- law has been put on bed rest. Five weeks to go until Jumanji is due. I'm a nurse, so I know that if she were to be born now, she would be okay. But it would really be better if she can wait a couple more weeks. I can't wait to meet you Jumanji but I want to be able to hug and kiss you when you get here, so you need to get a little bit bigger.

6. I'm getting really excited about my trip. And nervous, even though I've done it a bunch of times the airport part always makes me nervous and security. Even though I have nothing to hide, security freaks me out.

7. I have the best Dad, he is going to re-cock my bathtub and shower while I'm away. He's also going to feed my fish and bring in the mail.

8. My CPR class that I missed in December b/c of the weather, is rescheduled for Friday.

9. This weekend my church celebrates 100 years of the building. I love this building, it always feels like home.

10. Sometimes finding ten things to share is very difficult.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes have to stop and think about how to get to 10, too. :-) Where are you headed for this trip? It sounds like it's going to be a big one! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete